Friday, November 18, 2005

Blogaday day 3!!

Wow, it's 4:22 PM, approximately 13 hours after my last post. I am going crazy with this sleep deprivation. It feels like my glasses are on, my eyes really think they're there, but they're not, so they keep wigging out. I fall asleep every couple minutes, just kinda fall. Good crap, insane business. Note to self: Get more sleep.

So, I'm about to leave on a scout camp, and that's why I'm writing right now instead of later tonight. I'm pretty excited for the camp, despite my grumblings. At least I get to play frisbee, and even if I have to play by myself, it'll be good. I'm trying to work my left hand, so i can be ambidextrous. That'd make me super dangerous in a real game. Last night I played for about 20 minutes by myself, just tossing it from one side of the lawn, chasing it down, then tossing it back. My left got to be alright, it was pretty cool. So, I'm gonna go play frisbee for the next day, I'll be back around 12, oompah.

So, on to some philosophy.

I feel old. Today my body feels like its about 80, but that's not really what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the way I am. I swear that I was born old. In 8th grade Briahna told me that I had to act like a kid more often, but I haven't. I'm not sad about that at all, I just find it interesting. There are some people that can run around and not worry about a thing. They can fail every class, and be happy with things. They can yell at their mom, then go do a cartwheel in the front yard. They can kiss 2 girls in one day, while yelling at their mom and carthwheeling. See, I can't do that. Not only because I can't cartwheel, but because that's just not how I am. I don't think that's right, so I don't do it.

It's interesting how some people are like that. Predetermined ideas that we cling to for dear life. Everyone has different ones, but for sure, everybody has them. I seem to have more of them than most people, but that doesn't bother me too much. For example, my theory that baseball sucks. Now, have I ever really played a game of baseball? No, not really, it's too hard, I can't hit the ball. Have I ever sat down and watched a game? Nah, not really. However, I can still argue that baseball sucks. Why? Because sometime in my past, that idea got ingrained in my head. Maybe it was from my dad telling me that baseball sucks, maybe it was cause it was always on when I wanted simpsons to be on. Either way, sometime in my life I picked that up, and its hard to let it go. Maybe somebody will never cook in stainless steel, because they got burnt once as a kid, now they use teflon or something.

Look for these things, but don't make a deal out of them. Find your own, and ponder them. See if they still hold true now, and if they don't, think about getting rid of them. Last night I really enjoyed that harry potter movie, it was way good. However, I had that predetermined idea that harry potter movies suck cause they can't beat the book, and beacuse they're popular and promote illiteracy. Yeah, so I gave that up last night, look at me go. I feel 10 years younger already.

That's it for today folks, sometimes its not people's fault they're stubborn and stupid, sometimes thats just how they were raised, and they havent got around to fixing it.

Toodles, wish me luck on camp.

1 Comments:

Blogger riss. said...

baseball doesnt suck. but i know where you're coming from. I used to be totally anti-Halo. But now, I've got nothing against it. I really thought about it, and realized that its not evil. Thats where your problem is. Just because something was told to you as a kid doesnt mean its right. Its like in the Waterboy. He's in his college class, and keeps saying "mamma says...balh blah" and its all just crap. But thats what he knows, and he isnt going to change it. and it makes him look stupid. Just because YOU do or say somethinig doesnt make it right.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home