Thursday, April 21, 2005

Ignorance

You know what bothers me? Ignorance. People who don't know what they are talking about trying to get a petition signed. That's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

What we have here, is a simple example of somebody that got rewarded instead of punished for being an idiot. See, had they been made aware of their idiocy beforehand, they wouldn't walk outside thinking they're smart. Its overinflated ego here.

basically, people that say genetically engineered foods are all bad for you are stupid. That's all. They make this big deal, and they don't get it. I'll be the first to admit I dont know too much about the subject, but I know enough to know that they aren't inherently bad for you. Anybody that says they are are just kinda too full of themselves.

Now that thats off my shoulders, I feel like being somewhat less of a pessimest than normal. I know, it's surprising. But it's beautiful outside, I can smell spring, and I'm just pumped for life.

So, lets have a question and answer session. If anybody feels like asking a question about how I feel about anything, just leave a comment, and I'll edit the post. I will respond to all questions, I promise.

And now for some advice. I know the only person reading this is probably Marissa, and if I'm lucky briahna. Well, if you've had the tenacity to read on until this point, lucky you, you get some advice that it geared towards 4th graders. And now, without further ado, Christopher J Thatcher's guide to life.

Never Ever Settle: Never give up. and never ever do anything less than your best. As a person, you are smart. Its been clinically proven that people are stupid, but the individual persons that make up those people are not. You've got it in you to make intelligent decisions, and to do good work. Never ever make a decision you know is wrong, it just leads to trouble. Never ever give less than 100% in school. There have been times when I've done just that. Lets say that there is a test. 100 questions. I've got 97 of them correct and im sure of it. There are 3 that I don't know, but I could find them out very easily. I am faced with a decision here. I've already got the A, I can turn it in with those 3 blank and be fine, or I can go searching for them. Absolutely no difference to my grade. Go look them up.

Every time that I have given up, and done less than I know I could have, I have the crappiest feeling afterwards. 3 days later, I will end up talking to someone about it, and telling them about how bad it feels. You might not notice, but when you're walking down the road, and you see a newspaper blowing in the wind, you're faced with a decision. Pick it up, leave it there. What do you pick? I promise, you'll be happier later if you pick it up. It makes absolutely no difference to you whether it is on the floor or not, but if you pick it up, you will be happier in the long run. That is a Christopher Thatcher guarantee.

Choose Friends Wisely: There is no shortage of good people in this world. They are everywhere. However, there is also a great abundance of less than good people in this world. in my experiences, I've found that I act exactly like my friends act. Whenever I have moved from group of friends to group of friends, I've adopted their language within a month. I start liking the things they like, and doing the things they do. I like to think I'm not a weak person, but it happens to everybody. You will rub off on your friends, and they will rub off on you. If you choose those that are higher up than you, you will be raised up. If you choose those that are lower than you, you will be sucked down. It's happened to me too many times to count. I seriously regret some of the friends I've chosen in the past. Don't make the mistakes.

Never Insult Others: Just don't do it. It helps absolutely nothing. It makes you feel like crap inside when you do it, and it makes the other person feel like crap, no matter who it is. An insult is easily avoided, you just don't have to say it. It serves no purpose. Once again, I've learned this the hard way. Even when you don't think anyone is listening, they probably are. Never say something you don't really mean just cause you're expected to say it. I've done it before. It sucks big time. Don't insult people you don't know. You'd be amazed at how fragile we really are. Never take a chance on it. You have no idea what circumstances people could be in. You have no idea if their parents beat them as a child, or whether they just won the most improved student of the month award. Don't take chances, just don't do it. It always hurts both parties, and never helps either.

Always Try to Help: Be there for people. You will be faced with oppurtunities every day to help someone. They need help, the only question is whether or not you will rise to the call. You gain a great feeling after helping, and you gain a lifelong friend if you are willing to continue to sacrifice for that individual. I have found no greater oppurtunity to make the world a better place, or to make myself a better person than to listen to those who need somebody to talk to. Throughout the last few years of my life I have tried very hard to help those that need help. I have seen the benefits come from this as well. Two of the best friendships I have ever had came from such situations. People need help, you can help. No matter who you are, no matter your circumstances, you can reach out and help people. Try it. You have no idea what you could do.

Don't say anything you wouldn't say infront of your mother: You have no idea who's watching. There are those that will laugh. There are those that will turn away from you forever. It is your choice.

Be The Same Person at School, at Home, at Church: There are 2 things that I cannot stand. One is a person that will never try. The other is someone that isn't true to themselves. There are people that I know, and I love to be with them when its just me and them. I talk to them, and I just love talking to them, and they're great. And then I see them when they are with other people, or in different circumstances, and I'm definately not impressed. Perhaps it's me, or perhaps its them. I don't know if they are putting on an act for me, or if they are putting on an act for them, but either way I'm not a fan. Its a funny situation. You can try to please everyone, and have hundreds and hundreds of sort-of-friends. Or, you can be true to yourself, and have friends that matter. It's like seeing the best looking banana in the world, and you open it up, and its all black. They totally ruined it! They ruined themselves! Just cause they aren't the same when they;re with everyone! It's just bad, don't do it. There are benefits to catering to everyone, but they in no way live up to the benefits of being true.

Conclusion: Every day you will be faced with millions of decisions. The choice is yours. Make the decision that helps society as a whole, or make the one that leaves the newspaper on the ground. As I've trying to make decisions that are good, my life works out alot better. Today walking home, I noticed a ton of that newspaper outside. I walked past. Approximately half a minute later, I emerged from my house, to pick it up. I couldn't stand leaving it there. I was dissappointed in myself. There are lots of ways to live, but if you live in such a way that you can go to bed happy with your effort at life that day, you will make your life better, and the lives of those around you better. Make your own choices, I just felt like ranting.

yay! Mind you, I speak from experience. I speak as a person, a drone, a techie, a nerd, a track-stud, a carpetboy, an indentured servant, a teenage wasteland. You can either work hard, or take the easy way out. take your pick, you know what you have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home